Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I have never done a true blog before. I have done Facebook, started and abandoned a Twitter, there was a MySpace along the way, and recently I've been posting pictures to Instagram then pinning them to, you guessed it, Pinterest. My sister dropped off of Facebook making Pinterest the only social media she uses. The things we do for family. :) Anyway, all of those have been mainly personal. There is a Facebook page for the farm where all my friends can see whats is going on. They are all welcome here, naturally, but this is more for keeping track of what I got done and how I feel about it; posts here are may be more in depth than Facebook posts. Anyone who knows me also knows that I am redoing a house on a small farm. I should have started this then.

Today is not over but it was a slow morning because it was Jette's day off. We stopped for an early lunch at Ultimate Coney Island. The waitress said she was glad to see us again and I was kind of surprised that she recognized us. We went to Menard's to get brads for my air nailer and a few needed things then to 21st Century for stain that will be used for the office trim.  After that we stopped at the old house and crated up the cats, Emrys and Oliver, to bring them to the farm. This is a huge step. They both howled and meowled the whole drive over, Jette said that she was glad it is not a cross country move! Hopefully they will adjust well and accept their little sister, Persephone. Emrys was found, adopted, and loved out here at that farm a year ago when he was a very tiny kitten; this is a homecoming of sorts for him. Persephone showed up a few months ago and kept me company while I was living here all alone.

We unloaded the cats and a few boxes then ordered some shelving for the kitchen. The house had a wall oven built into the cabinetry and a cook top set into the island. I modified the space where the cook top was so a range could fit. This leaves a gaping hole where the oven was as well as another right next to it where the refrigerator went. We wanted a refrigerator larger than the space would accommodate. With two large holes to fill and a surplus of kitchen supplies we decided that wire chrome shelving would be the best remedy.

I am going to wrap this post up then install the jamb extensions and casing around the kitchen windows. I cut and have been building up coats of paint for the past few days. The paint is slow drying which has held up progress. Time to put those new brads to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment