Sunday, September 27, 2015

Lunar Eclipse

The clouds stayed away just long enough to see the supermoon eclipse peak.  It was the perfect weather for it and a great way to end the day.

We went in to Toledo to meet my cousin Jim and his mom for breakfast.  After that we stopped in at the old house to take out another load.  I am running out of room for more so it is good that there is not much left.  We also stopped at Menard's to get a few things to keep projects going out here.  I am looking for a yard wagon that I can pull by myself.  It will be nice to move wood or pulled weeds or tools around the farm.  Menard's had one on sale but I deemed it to be too small.  Liz Bergman had one that we used haul in harvests.  It is hard to believe that I wrote all about mowing the yard and forgot to complain about cheap ventless gas cans.  The one I have has a faulty gasket so the fuel leaks out.  This new one we got today will hopefully be an improvement.

No real work was done on the house today except for unpacking.  Jette and I threw a slow cooker full of soup together so we have something to eat later this week.  We attempt to do some meal planning and cooking ahead for the week on Sunday.  Jim came over for dinner.  It was a lasagna inspired casserole that we assembled yesterday.  We usually use ravioli instead of lasagna noodles but sometimes both.  I do not know if we have ever made one exactly the same as another.  It often depends on what we have and what sounds good.  This time we added meatball for the first time.  It was on the runny side but still very good.  Jim joined us and brought some bread.  I cut it in half lengthwise while Jette mixed some garlic butter together with some parmesan cheese I grated.  You spread the garlic butter on (add some extra mozzarella if you have it) then wrap it up foil so it can be warmed up in the oven as the lasagna is finishing.  Great dinner then a great eclipse.  If I get a great night of sleep then SUPER!  Goodnight supermoon,

No comments:

Post a Comment