Thursday, November 5, 2015

Errand day

Jette was off today and now that we live a little farther from the city we write down all the things we need to do in town and try to get it all done in one day. Lots of driving and buying. Such a good little consumer.

The trailer that my brother and I put the new tires in needed a plate so we can actually use it without being a scofflaw.  That is one hassle I don't need while hauling something around!  We went to Wauseon for that because we figured it would be cheaper; our car renewal is cheaper in Fulton county. We also stopped at the post office to mail out bills and finally the change of address cards.

We had to head to Toledo next which meant passing through Swanton.  We stopped at our favorite local breakfast place called Mom's.  If you are ever in the area in the morning I suggest stopping here for the blueberry pancakes.  They are huge!  Jette ordered what they had on special: eggs, toast, and meat.  She got scrambled, rye, and bacon.  I decided on a 1/2 order of sausage gravy with biscuit and one blueberry pancake.  The half order is plenty big.  We also got an order of deluxe potatoes to split.  They come cover in cheese, bacon, an sauteed onions. Quit a filling breakfast; neither of us was hungry all day and we even had leftovers to bring home!

Next we stopped in at the Holland house which is still for sale.  Then we decided it would be good to visit my grandma.  She is in a rehabilitation facility to regain her strength.  She eventually may have to stay in the assisted living area but for now it looks like she will be able to go home soon.  Not bad for someone in there mid 90's!

In our kitchen we have a NSF stainless steel shelving unit for a pantry.  It is filled with square Cambro containers of various sizes.  They are tough and have tight fitting lids.  In the past when I was making bread I liked to use a 12 quart polycarbonate container for proofing.  Now that we are finally moved and somewhat settled I would like to get back to baking bread.  Alas, we used all the 12 quart units for storage.  Fortunately there is still a restaurant supply store in Maumee so we stopped there after visiting grandma.



Menards is one of my favorite places to shop.  I wanted to get another chain so I can secure the trailer to the barn.  Actually, I am going to use the chain that is around the lawn mower for the trailer because it is longer and put the new shorter one around the mower.  I also got a hitch lock.  No security measures are foolproof but these measures will slow any would be thief down somewhat.  I also grabbed some jerky, windshield washer fluid, and some electrical wire connectors. Jette picked up some driveway markers with reflectors at the top which are useful in heavy snow.

Both of our phone are old and we went to Verizon to upgrade.  She stuck with iPhone and I upgraded my ultra sturdy and dependable Samsung Convoy 2.  Hopefully I wont regret getting this Droid thing.

The next stops were to Costco and then Meijer mainly for groceries.  We didn't get home until after 4 p.m.  It was a long day and that did not include unloading.  We did not do too much the rest of the day other than making and eating dinner.  It get dark so early this time of year.  I abhor the time changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment