Jesse, the electrician, was back today. When the estimator came out to bid this work he thought it would be done in a day or maybe two. Jesse is coming back tomorrow so it looks like the estimator needs to go sharpen his pencil. I am relieved that we bid the job and are not paying hourly. Paying hourly never seems to work out well. So far I have been very pleased with Jesses work. I know enough about electrical work to be dangerous but there is much more that I do not know. Perhaps I could have read about it or watched some instructional Youtube videos but I have no problem handing off something to a professional. It would be much more expensive in the long run f I was to hurt myself or start a fire. If all goes well, which it rarely does, the electrical will be done tomorrow.
The next big project will be getting more insulation in the attic. The electric work needed to be done first. I don't think I need to explain the benefits of more insulation.
I wan't to learn how to fish so I can stock the freezer. When I was high school age I had a fishing buddy. He made his own boat out of plastic barrels. We launched it at his grandpas small pond and dropped some lines. It was catch and release but I never caught much. I worked on his dads farm. Our friendship fell apart as he got more and more into drugs and got weirder and weirder. His parents risked everything on a farming gamble and lost. They would want me to come and do more work but then got sketchy about paying me. They went as far as accusing me of being a drug pusher to their son. Crazy stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment