Not much to report on today.
I learned that fire safes are built with fire resistant sheetrock inside them
I read about bees being bred to fight off mites. Varroa mites have been a plague for beekeepers. They suck blood from the bees. There are some chemical controls but the mites are becoming resistant. It is important to know that whatever you expose the bees to will be in the honey. These beekeepers chose queens with low Varroa count and drones that have Varroa with missing limbs. They have noticed that some bees have adapted to limb removal to survive as the Varroa are too round and hard to be affected by the stingers.
Persephone did go back to the vet this morning. Dr. Roger wanted to check up on her after her surgery. It was mostly a waste of time because she has been doing very well. I think he also wanted to see her because we didn't see him post surgery. He didn't charge us for the check up at least.
Tomorrow is election day. There is the township trustee race. I still don't know who is telling lies about some township issues. Sad that such a fundamental level of government has to get political. There are 3 constitutional amendments. I plan on voting no on all three.
No comments:
Post a Comment