We had a fun day today. We went to two estate sales. This first one was in South Toledo, Heatherdowns area. It had many cute pieces of furniture. I got out of there with a chair, a small hammer, 2 saws, and digging fork. I have a few digging forks now.
The second one was out a bit further outside of Moline. It was an older farmhouse with a wide variety of furniture. I like the old farms because sometimes they have good tools. The highlight of this sale was the milking parlor in the barn. I should have taken a picture. The best pieces of furniture was not for sale and everything was picked over. The second day of these estate sales traditionally offers half off. That may have been the reason for the picked over feel but I think most of the good things were taken even before the sale. That is how it goes with these things and the fun is in the looking. I like to look at the houses and when it is a farm sometime I can walk around and look at the layout of the buildings. One never know where a good idea could be found. I did buy a book on plant propagation; the library hoard grows.
I may have noted this this before but it is interesting the types of people you meet at these sales. Some are friendly and will start telling you all about their life if you slightly acknowledge their existence. Others look at you like they are ready to fight you for some trinket they want that you happen to be looking at. It is a strange dichotomy. This may say something about my character but I can't help but see the irony when very very old people are buying things there. It may be for gifts or a personal collection, I have no idea but I always joke to myself that they are just trying to round out their hoard so they have a good estate sale when their number is up. To be fair, I am thinking the same thing about myself. This just now makes me think that I really should not worry about things so much and try to be happier and enjoy life more. After all, it is just a matter of time until all my stuff is going to be pawed over by strangers.
Between the sales we stopped to visit my aunt Sue. We had a pan to return to her. On the way back home from the sales we ate a late lunch at Perrysburger. I would go back. We made it back home and Jette had a nap while I messed around in the barn. A little after 4 we went into Oak Openings for a birthday party of my friends child who turned 5. All three of their children were thrilled to see us. That always feels good.
Jim stopped over in the evening and he left right before Doctor Who came on. Watched it and The Last Kingdom. The Graham Norton show is on now and we are all caught up.
Also, Amy Schumer is amazing. I have heard the name but never have seen any of her work. Amy, where have you been all my life? hahaha. She is on tonight's show and has been very entertaining.
Also also, I had an idea to incorporate the wooden stocks from broke firearms into furniture. A firearm chair, if you will.
No comments:
Post a Comment