Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Measuring wheel and maps

This morning I talked Jette into operating a measuring wheel so we could get some measurements of the farm.  It is 7.3 acres so it did not take days.  I had a clip bard with paper and set places to stop and take a reading.  We marked out where the house and barn started and stopped as well as the location of utility poles.

The whole farm fits onto a standard graph paper sheet at a scale of 60 ft to 1 inch.  The sketch includes the driveways, septic tank, leach field, and some of the trees as well as the ditch.

Graphic!


While I was figuring the scale for the map Jette went to the county auditors page to see where the property lines lay.  The lines online are from the utility poles in.  The distance from the poles to the white stipe of the road is 20 feet online and it was accurate when I measured it.  From the online border it looks like the neighbors planted a treeline partially on out property.  We need to talk to them and the other neighbors to the north about where they think the property lines are.  It would be nice to come to an agreement without paying over One Thousand dollars for a professional survey.  I also need to talk to the township or county to see what if any hoops there are to jump through.  I do not want any problems with my fence.  I was ever reading parts of the ORC to see if I could learn anything.  It is questionable if I learned much.

Most of the rest of the day, nearly to dark I removed more of the invasive Bittersweet.  If you really want to stop it then you have to dig up roots.  There was also some garbage in the vicinity that I removed.  Taking this vine out of the landscape give a less obstructed view to the barn.

Big day of running errands and shopping tomorrow.  I need to visit the DMV for a trailer plate.  Jette thinks it is time for new phones so it looks like we are going to the Verizon store.  I still have a Samsung Convoy 2l it is a flip phone that has been through a lot.  On Verizon's website it shows they have the Convoy 3 but I doubt they will stock them at the store.  It may be that I will walk out of there with a smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment