Monday, October 12, 2015

A tree falls

It was indeed another day of painting.  The second coat made all the difference and the whole place is looking clean.  Cleaner than it ever was when I lived there!  We secured a Uhaul truck to move the table and whatever else is left there.  There is not much as it has slowly disappeared load by load in our vehicles.  After Saturday I may never go back to that house which is really something.  There is this vintage TV/record player console in the basement.  It does not work and Jette says that the last time it was plugged in it started smoking.  I was thinking of gutting it and repurposing it as a cabinet to hold the cable box, modem, and other entertainment components.  She would like to give it to someone who could fix it and enjoy it.  While I am not opposed to that idea I have no idea where to find such an individual.  Repurposing it is better than just junking it.

The yard behind ours had a tree drop.  It fell into our next door neighbors yard and across the power lines.  It was old and leafless.  I feel very fortunate that we did not lose power because good lighting is crucial when painting.  Even more so when it is a 2nd coat of white.  That was the big excitement of the day.

On the way back to the farm we stopped at Bev's Kold Keg.  Mondays special is the chicken.  Go there; it is good!  I have a few draft Labatt's.  When we got home and unloaded the truck I was so tired that i took a nap.  I think the beer just put me down. It was worth it but day after day of working, packing, moving, painting, and stressing are really starting to take a toll.  I woke up in time to catch Gotham.

My parents made it safely to Florida.  That is good and that is all I've got for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment