Thursday, October 22, 2015

I need to eat

Today's big adventure was that I never got hungry and didn't eat all day then thought I was going to die.  Jette saved me with a sandwich.

I keep thinking of getting this thing called a Glowforge but it is expensive.

When I recovered I was thinking of apple trees and which ones I want to plant.  There are so many varieties and these sort of things overwhelm me.  I did some searches about uses and wrote some ideas down.  There are a few uses of apples to consider.  Some are good for fresh eating, others store well, some are good dehydrated, and others are best for baking.  Things to consider are how they work in this climate and soil we have here.  It is a lot to think about but writing things down helps.  I need to figure out how many trees we actually need.  There is no plan to compete with the orchard down the street.  The goal here is to keep us fed and also some hogs.  They can eat the ground falls right off the ground.  Tomorrow I aim to do some pacing off to get an idea of how I will lay things out.  With a rough pace count I can make a scale drawing.  Visualization.  See it.  Make it happen.  Find that vision.

Persephone is doing well.  Jette was off today so we didn't work hard; only unpacked a few boxes.  We watched some Supernatural on Netflix.  Persie slept on me nearly the whole time.


No comments:

Post a Comment