Friday, October 2, 2015

Another day of moving

It is getting closer to the end of the house in Holland.  I spent all day there packing and stuffing it into the garage.  The Realtor is putting the sign up Monday and he plans to start showing it on Monday; our all needs to be out for that to happen.  I also spent a few hours trying on clothes to decide what to take.  That is almost done.  All this is very stressful to me because it is just so much stuff.  I am a borderline hoarder.  I do not keep garbage but I have a very hard time keeping things that are still useful.  Also, I like to repurpose things so it can be hard for me to throw something away.  It will all be done soon.  When we get it all here and we run out of room then we will have to get rid of more.  Twice the Salvation Army has come to take donations.  We also have taken some loads up to them.  Neither of us are interested in doing a garage sale.  She works all the time and I am always working on something at the farm.  Sitting there all day while people beat you up on prices is not my idea of a good time.  Jette stopped at Chik-fil-a and brought it to Holland.  After dinner I loaded up her vehicle and we drove back to the farm.  Both vehicles got unloaded so that is something we do not have to deal with tomorrow.  She is off this weekend and my mom is coming over to help us.  If we can get everything in the garage and then a few loads out then it will be amazing.  My cousin Jim is going to help us after he gets done with work by taking a load in his truck.

On the farm front, I put some posts on Facebook about finding a source for manure.  It will be composted down and used in the garden.  I got a message from people down the street from me.  This is an exciting development because it will help the the garden soil and it gove a great opportunity to get to know my neighbors who also have a small farm.  The manure available now is steer but they will have some lamb soon.  They have Black Walnut trees there.

It is going to be an early Friday night because I am exhausted and have a lot to do tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment