I can't wait to get out from under this Holland house. No calls on it at all since we have listed. This makes me worry enormously. The Realtor called and wants to reduce the price. This news damn near put me into a panic; too much anxiety. It feels like all the work I did to make it look nice has been in vain. There is a number that we have to get to make things work. Having two houses like this is crazy.
I was watching TV today when I should have been getting more done. They aired a commercial for Silk Almond milk. "It is Silk Vanilla Almond Milk, it clearly tastes like almonds". WTF, why have my almonds never tasted like vanilla. Not sure why I am writing about this but it bothered me and I feel obligated to put something here. "Tastes better than milk." Does it taste better than vanilla dairy milk? I bet vanilla milk would be good with some cereal. I'd try it but it is a dumb commercial.
In the master bedroom where I removed the drywall to reveal the old tongue and groove siding there is an opening where a window once was. The drywall of the adjoining room makes the back of the cavity. There was much discussion of what to do with it. It would be easy to just cover it in weather boards but I wanted to do more. One of those sliding rail doors would be very cool but this will all be at the head of the bed. Quality rail and hardware is expensive and other methods looked cheap. The idea of a heavy moving door hanging above our heads while sleeping was not appealing either; I've never done one and I don't have a lot of faith in my carpentry skill. The final plan is to permanently enclose from the bottom up to about a foot above the top of the mattress. The next foot above that will be enclosed shelf with opening doors. Both areas will be covered an old whitewashed board cut to lengths running verticle. The wires feeding electrical outlets were exposed in this cavity so I spliced in another set of wires with the plan of having a box with an outlet on the top of the cabinet part. An alarm clock and a wall mounted light can be plugged in here. I would like to find an old looking accordion lamp for this.
A few weeks ago I used liquid nails to adhere beadboard to the back of the cavity. It spans from behind the cabinet part and open shelves. This is for cosmetic reasons and to protect the drywall. Today I finally got back to it. The packing, moving, painting, and cleaning at Holland kept me away from working on projects here. I got all my figuring and measurements done. I cut and installed two shelves as well; they are the bottom of the cabinet. It is not a whole lot done but it felt good to be back to it. So far all of the wood has been salvaged.
No comments:
Post a Comment