Sunday, October 11, 2015

about as fun as watching paint dry

The title really seems to describe my life these days.  We got a lot done at the Holland house; Jerry will be pleased.  He sells a lot of houses in our area so I hope ours goes quickly.  It has been listed a few days but it has not been shown yet.  All this painting will make it look great.  It is strange how long the painting is taking as I can usually get it done quickly.  I think I am just plain worn out after day upon day of hard work with too much stress.  It really adds up.  I almost had a meltdown today when I spilled a cup of paint.  I was daubing it up with a towel and my arms were so tired that I didn't want to get up.  I did and finished the room because that is what we do.  We carry on (my wayward son) and keep fighting.

We are SO thankful for my Aunt Sue.  After church, she came and helped Jette clean all day while I painted.  The place is really starting to look good.  Sue said that she is glad to help after all we have done for her but she had been far above and beyond anything we have ever done.  She is so sweet.

One of the worst things about being so busy is that I do not have time to help anyone else.  On Saturday my friend Jordan was digging up trees in his yard to be transplanted in a line.  I was painting.  My friend Eric was butchering a few of his hogs. I was painting.  My friend Bryan is trying to finish his house.  You know what I was doing; its all I talk about on here.  I truly feel bad about not being able to help Bryan because he helped me out big time on the farm house roof.  I need to make it up to him.

Soon we will be through this and things can get back to normal.  Well, a new normal because we will have a new house and a new life here on the farm.

I learned that you an saute leaves from your pepper plant when you are done harvesting peppers.  Hope I remember this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment