Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Driving around town

Hey, its been 30 days of blogging.  Should I quit now?

Persephone the cat had her big day at the vet; we did our part to control the pet population.  It was a battle to get her into the travel kennel.  Jette and I both got scratched up.  It was not a pleasant morning.  Once she was in it was much calmer.  The drop off time is between 7:30 and 8:00 am and the surgery plus recovery led to a 4:00 pm pickup.  We had all day to burn so we saved up all of out trips to town for one mega trip.

We had breakfast at Uncle John's Pancake house; it was good.  One of the motion sensor alarm I bought at Harbor Freight had a bad switch so we returned it for a new one.  Next was grocery shopping at Meijer.  Yay, food!  It will be nice when we have to go food shopping less because we are growing more of our own.  It was not even noon yet so we took all the refrigerated food and put it in the house at Holland.  It is still for sale by the way.  There were a few returns from Menards sitting in the garage so we cashed them in.  Of course there were other things there I needed including cabinet locks, some caulk, double stick tape, and an outlet cover.  There was some beef jerky on sale so I could not pass that up.  Jette remembered that I wanted to get a tarp strap that will help keep my home made hand truck extension attached so we got that too.

The garage was also holding a box of old records so we took those up to The Culture Clash on Secor.  They were too old for his purposes but he did want one because the graphic artist who made a logo for them must have used this old logo as the inspiration.  He said he would buy it for $1.00.  We countered that offer with that he could have it for $0.00 if he would take the whole box and he agreed.  I am happy with that deal because it is simply not my style to throw things away.  He said that BGSU music department should take them.  He seems to be a really cool guy but I think you have to be to keep a legit record store open.

Close to Franklin Park Mall, or whatever the hell they call it these days, is a shoe store called Foot Solutions.  Jette wanted to get something for work.  She twisted my arm into getting some boots.  I like them and I got some insoles to help deal with my ridiculously high arches.  Hopefully they will keep these ol' dogs from being sore after a long day of all the stuff I do.  Our last stop of the day was Costco.  I do like Costco.

At this point we had around an hour before Persie was ready so we debated running back home to drop off all the groceries (and footwear) or just getting the aforementioned refrigerated groceries at Holland then getting Persie and heading home.  We opted for the latter as it made no sense to head all the way back to Swanton then turn around and go back to Toledo then again to Swanton.

My friend Bryan has been building a house on the river and he is to the point where drywall is going up.  He helped me with my roof so I've been wanting to repay the favor so we got some boards up.  I didn't get there until after six but he got more done than he was planning to.  I made it home around 9:30 and was really glad that Persephone is still doing well.

Busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment