Sunday, October 4, 2015

At least there is football

Yeah, you guessed it...another day of moving.  The end is neigh.  This move has literally taken months over all.  We would clean out a closet or part of a room when we had time and then slowly it would trickle out a few boxes at a time in my CR-V.  We both were working more than full time for much of that making time and energy scarce.  This place was too much of construction site to bring it all out at once.  As I pulled away from work and made fixing the house more of a focus I was able to bring more in as rooms were completed.  We managed to move almost everything in my aforementioned CR-V and Jettes Buick Rainier with some help from Jim and his Tacoma.  We can't stack the Tacoma high due to its cap.  We are going to rent a cargo van to get the kitchen table out here.  A few years back we survived a violent windstorm but the large White Oak in the front yard did not.  I was all broken up about it because I really liked that tree. *hint: I really like trees in general*  We made the most of the loss by having the trunk cut into lumber then hiring my friend to make us a kitchen table.  It is gorgeous.  We went with a modest design of a circle that can open up and table "leaves" can be put in to make it larger.  I moved it from his farm's woodshop to the garage at Holland in my older pickup.  The pickup is currently leaking fluids and tilts to the left.  It may be the rear suspension.  Regardless, I don't want to risk it for the moving job.  There is also a patio table that is too large for the suv so it can go in the cargo van.

The inside of the Swanton house currently looks like it invited the Holland house over for a party where it proceeded to drink until it vomited up all our belongings all over the place!  It will take some time to unpack and put things away.  I still need to figure out what kind of shelving and hanging rods will go in some of the closets.  I would like to nail that down as it will help with the organization.  Life will be so much better when the move is done and I can get back to finishing this place.

We did not work ALLLLLL day today because we both wanted to watch some football.  So at least there is that.

Oh I was too tired and forgot to tell this story yesterday.  I had one shirt that I "outgrew" but didn't want to get rid of yet.  When I was trying on shirts to see what would make the move I ran across it and sure enough the buttons fit right up with no strain!  Go me, right?  I put it in the donate bag because the shoulders are too tight and the sleeves too short.  That's life!  Oh well, at least I didn't hoard it.

2 comments:

  1. Greg, I admire you and Jette for your hard work ... you are truly making a beautiful home and I know it will be filled with happiness once it is completed -- well, I know that being a farmer and a homeowner work is NEVER completed, but I think you know I am talking about the initial MAIN stuff. Once you are able to get settled in, y'all are gonna be kickin' happy ;) I love you both and truly do want to get out there before the snow flies . I'll stay in touch so maybe some weekend soon I can make it out there. .... (I don't know why this thing wants to sign me as my daughter's name .. hmm !) ..... Shaaron GAIL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail! It is so much work and I am just tired too much of the time. I think you are signed in under Jens email. Do you have your own account? It is no big deal. Thanks for reading my posts here and hope you can make it out.

      Delete