That is the highlight of the day, painting the kitchen at Holland. I got a later start than I wanted to and then the paint I had was too old to use. I stirred it for a long time and it seemed to be coming together but when I applied some to the wall it was streaky and did not cover well. Naturally, I ha to go to Menards and spend more money. I am so over this house and beyond ready to have this past me so I can get back to finishing the farm house and then actually do some farming. That was the point of all this to begin with!
My parents left for Florida and they wanted to meet for lunch. It was going to be at 1 so I cleaned my brush at 12:20 which would give me enough time to get there. I got a text from my mom right after the brush was cleaned that it would be 2 instead. I did a little more painting and when it seemed like a good place to stop I once again cleaned the brush. It seems that I should have stayed at painting a bit longer because I got there early and they didn't show up until 2:20. Whenever we all get together all my dad does is talk about business with my brother. It kind of makes me glad that I quit working with them so I could do the things I need to.
By the time I made it back to Holland it was almost 4. I painted until nearly 8. The brush felt like it was 5 pounds by the end of the day. I barely stayed awake to watch Doctor Who. Tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment