Friday, October 23, 2015

Up in smoke

Today started out with an estate sale.  These are fun for me.  They post pictures of some of the better items online and this smoking jacket caught my eye.  It had a black shawl collar and the rest was red.  Hey, I'm on the internet and can add pictures and save 1000 words.  Most of those words are about how awesome I would look wearing this.
Classy!

It was already sold so I got a weber charcoal grill for $20.  It had a cover too.  There is no doubt that I will use the grill but it is a crying shame that I have to do so in my trashy flannel coat instead.

It's me with short hair and short beard in a flannel jacket 
using my homemade smoker a few year back.


Back at the house I had a date with Poly...urethane.  I coated the doors to the bedroom cabinet thing I've been talking about for weeks now.  I also applied it to original wood that frames the whole thing as well as the shelves.  There were a few parts that I stained gray as well.  I think it looks good.  Tomorrow, when everything dries, I should be able to mount the covering and the cabinet doors.

Maybe a picture when it is done...


My brother and I pulled an old wooden gun cabinet out of a garage at a rental last year.  It has a catch for a lock and hole drilled in the door.  I wanted to secure it so I got a cabinet lock at Menards.  It was built different than what was originally there so it took considerable modification.  The tumbler was much longer so I mounted a piece of wood on the front to accommodate this.  The stain is not a perfect match but it looks better and functions.  It was not easy to get the latch into the catch but I made adjustments until it was sound.
Yes, that shelf still needs to be installed.  
No, I don't need to be reminded.


The only other thing of note is that I walked the property line and picked up all litter.  Now a few push ups then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment