Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Cardboard and Clingos

With great moving comes great cardboard piles.  Add in some appliance boxes and you get a trunkload.  We packed them in and took them to be recycled.  We went in to Holland to get some shelves from the garage in the house that is still for sale.  There was also some more boxes there that we didn't use.  We got them used with some water damage from rain so we loaded them up and took them to a different recycling place.  One rule in life is never go to the grocery store hungry or you will be "hangry" at checkout!  Jette was hungry for mashed potatoes so we went to Cracker Barrel.  I had meatloaf because Jette dislikes it so we never make it.  We didn't need that much food but I was getting low on milk...again.  We did need new pillows!

Emrys Photobomb!


 I love that lamp but still would like a wall mounted one.


It has been way too long since I have seen our good friends Eric and Jada Clingo and children at Humblebee Family Farm.  We ameliorated that by stopping in.  Eric, his dad, and his son were installing a fence or as Jada put it, "three generations and one fence".  He was also smoking some bacon; it smelled fantastic!  Unfortunately we could not stay long but it was so good to see them.

          Rusty stuff!                                             Mine is like the one on the left


On the way home I got a call from my brother.  The trailer pictured above belonged to my grandpa, John Eberly.  The plate was last renewed in 1991 but is much older than that.  These were around in the 40's and '50 but I will have to do some research to find out more.  Ben called because he took ownership of it and the extended family wants it gone from behind the barn.  Grandma has been fighting a lot of ailments lately and part of me thinks certain people want the barn cleaned up so we can sell her place when we lose her.  That is all I am going to say about that part.  Anyway, Ben called to see it I wanted it.  He does not have a place for it and changes in his life are shifting his focus.  I plan to use it for hauling soils or aggregates,  brush or firewood, and things like that around the farm.  The red thing in the trailer is the top of a cab from a '86 Chevy pickup.  Ben and I bought it parts and sold or scrapped the rest.  We kept this because we had the idea of making it an awning above an exterior door.  It may go on the side of my garage.  It would be easy to install some marker lights on top and a dome light underneath!

Door + filing cabinet = desk

When we finally got home I unloaded the rusty junk in the trailer and the shelves in Jette's suv.  I threw this desk together in the barn.  The door is from a rental house.  It had an upper window which was broken by the tenant so we had to replace it.  Ben and I cut the top off and I hoarded the rest.  It looks serviceable but needs something to level the top.  If I leave it in the barn some plywood will do but if I bring it in the house a pane of glass would look great.  The late afternoon had me outside clearing some vines and overgrowth.  I wanted to work until dinner time but I cut my thumb; it put an abrupt end to that idea.  No worries though.  It is not too deep.


MEOW! 
(is that another project in the background?)



No comments:

Post a Comment